St James has an active Parents' Association which,
- fosters caring relationships between parents, pupils, teachers and new families and
- raises funds for the benefit of pupils and staff of St James.
It is a link between the school families and staff.
All parents are welcome to join the association and take part in its many activities.
Fostering relationships includes:
· Welcoming new families through such activities as morning teas
· Familiarising new families with the life of the school at information sessions and informal introductions
· Organising social events such as family discos, family Masses with morning teas for the school and parish community
· Supporting the teachers through assisting in the classrooms, acting as class representatives, assisting on excursions, helping out at sports and arts events
· Assisting with Grandparents Day
· Supporting families at times of need
Fund raising takes many forms such as:
· Parents’ social events
· Organising raffles at special times such as Easter
· Holding an annual children’s walkathon
· Organising functions to celebrate Mother’s and Father’s Day
· Special lunch days for the children
The Parents' Association is also involved in working bees when improvements need to be made to the school, establishment and assistance with the kitchen garden and publicising school activities in the local community.