At St. James we aim to:
- Develop positive relationships within the community.
- Create safe and inclusive learning environments.
- Develop sustainable community links and partnerships that benefit all.
- Develop social and emotional skills.
- Engage students in effective wellbeing practices that focus on prevention and early intervention.
The wellbeing landscape at St. James endeavours to skill students to be responsible citizens by embedding comprehensive, whole school approaches such as Circle Time and BounceBack.
We are constantly updating our approach to student wellbeing under the banner of Courageous Minds which is our framework. During 2018 we will be working closely with The Berry Street Institute and their Education Model to design and implement the structures and processes to provide our students with the opportunity to develop self awareness, self regulation, strategies for de-escalation and essentially to be 'ready to learn'.
At St James we endeavour to equip our students with the knowledge, skills and values to enable them to face the challenges of the twenty-first century with confidence.